1998 BMW M3
- Techno Violet
- 3.2 L 6-cylinder
- Columbia, MD
I was originally looking for an E46 M3, but I quickly realized they were going up in value quicker than I could catch. I wanted a Laguna Blue or Phoenix Yellow example, but most of them were either too expensive or in need of major repair. Eventually, I shifted my search towards an E36 that could be used as a drift car, but ultimately decided I still wanted an M3, even if it was the generation prior.
I spent weeks searching the country for M3’s for sale, but most of them were either $20k+ and minty, or $3k and under, but in need of major repairs. I finally found one listed in St. Cloud Minnesota for $4,500 and couldn’t tell from the images if the car was blue or purple. I messaged the seller if it was blue or purple, and once he confirmed it was Techno Violet purple, I knew it was a deal I couldn’t refuse.
I texted two friends to journey with me across the country, who not only agreed to assist, but offered a brand new X30 M40i as the shuttle. Days after agreeing to purchase the car, we drove 17 hours from Baltimore to St. Cloud, ultimately buying the M3 on 1/1/2019.
3.2 L 6-cylinder
- Dinan Performance Software (Stage 1)
- Dinan Aluminum Strut Tower Brace with Carbon Fiber Inlays - E36
- Dinan D190-3211K Dinan Stage 1 Suspension System (sort-of)
- Supersprint Exhaust - DTM Tips
- BMW M3 E36 Coupe Vader Front Seats - Dove Leather
- BMW Side Markers - European
- DEPO Clear Corner Indicator Set
- DEPO European Projector Headlight Set
- DEPO Euro Red/Clear Rear Tail Lights
Brendon:Woah, nice black M3!